Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I WILL go fishing this weekend.

After work tonight I decided to take a quick trip around our happy hunting ground to see if the lakes were free of ice. Here's a quick rundown:
Goose Lake: Open
Dead Coon Lake: about 75% open and about 2-3 feet above full. The road along the north shore is pretty muddy and that side contains all of the broken ice. Here's a photo from the public water access on the south end:

P103

Here's a nice grainy close-up of the sign to illustrate the water level.
P105

I decided to head south next to check out East Twin Lake. Sanderson Slough was open. Here's a photo of East Twin from the East side:
P107

The next stop was Currant Lake. Also completely open. Here's a photo from the County park:
P109



I made a quick detour to check out Rock Lake, it was also completely open. Here's a shot from County Road 60 on the north side:


 P113

The last stop was a quick trip to the north side of Russell. Clear Lake was totally open.
P117

I was able to catch the strobe from my T-Mobile cell tower in the background.
P115


Because Minnesota closes seasons on gamefish until May I will be fishing for Bullheads, but I will get a line wet this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment